Annyeong! Heading to South Korea? Read on this guide to know how to secure a tourist visa and start packing your bags soon!
Whether you are you dying to hunt down the oppas, or just simply want to tick this country off your bucket list, it’s undeniable that South Korea and its people, culture and language have captured most of Filipinos’ hearts. If you’re a Philippine passport holder, you need a visa to enter this country.
List of Requirements
This guide is specifically about application for a single entry tourist visa for Filipinos living and working in Singapore. The documents required to be submitted may vary according to nationality and purpose of visit, and the Embassy reserves the rights to request for additional documents whenever it deems necessary.
Visa Application Form
- Completed visa application form which you can download on their website.
- Fill in your name as shown on your passport.
- One passport size colour photo with white background.
- Paste your photo on the space provided under Section 1.
- Passport with at least 6 months remainder validity.
- Photo copy of the details page.
- Passport should have at least one blank visa page.
Identity Card issued by Singapore Government
- Employment Pass / S Pass / Work Permit / Long Term Visit Pass / Dependant’s Pass
- Bring the original and a photocopy of front and back. Original will be returned after verification.
- For new passes issued with QR code, you must obtain the validity information of your pass using the “SGWORKPASS” app.
- Alternatively, you can use this section on the MOM website if you don’t want to download the app.
- Submit a clear printout of the search result together with your application.
- Ideally the search is done within the week of your visa application.
Certificate of Employment / Student
- For employees – Company letter stating name, passport number, job title, salary, date of hire, date of travel and purpose of travel.
- For self-employed – Latest ACRA biz profile printout.
- For student – School letter stating name, passport number and student status.
Bank Statements / E-Statements / Passbook
- Original and photocopy of the last 3 months Singapore bank account statements.
- If submitting E-statements, no need to submit photocopies.
- You can submit your bank passbook if it is updated regularly.
- Ensure that your name, account number, past 3 months transactions and remaining balance are included in the statements.
- Overseas bank account statements / credit card statements / debit card statements are not accepted.
- Optionally, you can ask your bank to stamp your e-statements to verify that they are legit.
- One copy of re-entry permit to Singapore (only for Singapore PR’s).
- Apply for your visa no more than 90 days before your scheduled departure date.
- For domestic helpers, please refer to (Domestic Helper) C-3-9 Short Term Tourism Visa.
- For company incentive trip, please refer to (Company Incentive Trip) C-3-9 Short Term Tourism Visa.
- Flight tickets and accommodation bookings are not required for visa application.
- The embassy will not provide any status updates on your application via email or phone.
- Supporting documents submitted for visa application will not be returned.
Filipinos are exempted from the visa fee if you are staying for 59 days or less for business or tour.
There is no need to book an appointment. You can just walk-in from 9:00 AM – 11:30 AM on weekdays, excluding public holidays. Application and collection are strictly not allowed after 11:30 AM.
Visa application generally takes 4 working days to process. Submission day is considered the 1st working day. So if you submitted on a Monday, you can collect your passport on Thursday of the same week (subjected to changes if there is public holiday or incomplete documentation). Urgent/express service is not available.
Embassy of the Republic of Korea
47 Scotts Road
All the best with your application and please don’t hesitate to leave a comment if you have any questions! 🙂