Namaste, here's your very quick and easy guide on how to get a tourist visa for India here in Singapore.
India is a country known for its rich heritage and vast culture, making it one of the most incredible tourist destinations. Notably, it is the birthplace of some popular religions like Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism and Jainism. And this 2023, it is now the most populous country not just in Asia but in the world, overtaking the top spot from China.
If you have a Philippine passport, you will need a visa to enter India as a tourist. But fret not, the process to apply is very easy and quick, so read on and get started!
Visa Application Form
- Fill out the visa application form online.
- Good to know: Don’t forget to include your middle name, or else they will re-do the application form at an additional cost.
- If you can’t finish filling out the form in one seating, the system will provide you with a temporary application ID that you can use to retrieve your application at a later time.
- Once the form is filled and submitted, download and print it.
- Additionally, you must print and fill out this Fax Form.
List of requirements
- Original and photocopy (only the identity page).
- The passport must have a minimum validity of six months.
- It should contain at least 2 blank visa pages.
B. Identification Card
- Original and photocopy of your EP / SP / WP.
- Note: Only residents in Singapore can apply for an Indian visa here. If you are a tourist or visiting temporarily, you should apply in your home country.
- One recent 2″ x 2″ coloured image with white background.
- Conveniently, the visa application center can take and print your photo at an additional cost (SGD 5.00).
Visa Application Centers
You must sign and submit the physical copy of the application form along with your passport and the supporting documents to the Indian Visa Application Center (IVAC). Your biometrics will also be taken at the time of submission of application.
There is no need to book an appointment before your visit to any of these application centers. The submission of documents is from Monday to Friday, from 9:00 AM – 01:00 PM only.
BLS International Services
Unit 30 – 08, 10 Anson Road
Sim Lim Tower
Unit 14 – 02/04/05, 10 Jalan Besar
Please note that the fees below are payable in cash only. The visa fee charged is non-refundable regardless of the outcome of the application.
Visa Fee – SGD 135.00
Delivery Fee – SGD 15.00
Track your application
You may track the status of your visa application on the BLS International website. To do so, just enter the Application Reference Number and your date of birth.
It may take up to 5-6 working days for your passport to be couriered back to you, so take that time into consideration when planning your travel dates. All the best!
P.S. It’s not a requirement, but it is always good to have a travel insurance to keep you protected in case something unexpected happens.