How was my 9-month journey to getting my teeth straightened using Zenyum invisible braces?
Who does not dream of a picture-perfect smile? For the longest time, one of my insecurities has always been my teeth. My two big front teeth were very prominently protruding, and I hated them so much that I got my first braces when I was in college back in the Philippines. But I didn’t finish the whole process, so my front teeth went awry all over again.
What I disliked about traditional braces
One word: painful. Whether your brackets are accidentally coming off when you’re eating, the wires poking your gums and giving you mouth ulcers, or simply getting them adjusted, they were all just too much to handle. Oh, and also the price you have to pay, as well as the long wait until you can get the whole thing taken off.
Trying the invisible braces
Eight years after getting my traditional braces removed, I decided to invest in myself again and avail the Zenyum invisible braces here in Singapore. I thought that while we were in a pandemic situation where everyone wears a mask, it would be the perfect time to fix one of my insecurities.
Invisible braces: How is it different?
Personally, I like the fact that you can remove these braces when you need to eat, there is absolutely way less pain, they’re so thin that they do not make your mouth protrude even more, and that they are so clear that people will barely notice that you’re wearing them.
The process of getting the Zenyum invisible braces
1. Sign up for an account, and the Zenyum team will come back to you in 2 – 3 days. Tip: There’s a SGD 200 discount if you follow that link. 😉
2. You will have to go down to one of their partner clinics for a 3D scan, so Zenyum can determine whether you’re eligible for ZenyumClear™ or ZenyumClear™ Plus aligners. This will depend on the severity of your case.
3. After about a month, you will receive your treatment plan based on the 3D scan. If you’re happy with it, the payment has to be made (more details about that below). Once that is done, Zenyum will proceed with the production of your invisible braces.
4. Go down to their partner clinic again to pick up the whole set. The wait time for this will be about another month. The dentist may have to file some of your teeth to make space so that the shifting can happen.
How much do I have to pay for Zenyum invisible braces?
One of the reasons why I considered this treatment is because of its affordability. And you can even pay for the aligners in instalment (3 parts), thanks to Zenyum’s partnership with Atome and ShopBack, with no interest or hidden fees!
1. 3D Scan: Around SGD 150 – 190
This depends on the clicnic and will be paid directly to them.
2. ZenyumClear™: SGD 2,650 / ZenyumClear™ Plus: SGD 3,990 to SGD 4,490
How does a SGD 200 discount sound like? All you have to do is sign up here!
3. Retainers: Around SGD 300
This is highly recommended to get post-treatment.
How long do I have to wear my braces per day?
Zenyum invisible braces are recommended to be worn at least 20 hours a day. And each set will have to be worn for 10 days. If you are not able to meet the required number of hours per day, just add another day of wearing them before moving on to the next set.
How long will it take to get my teeth straightened?
From the time you start wearing them, ZenyumClear™ may take somewhere from 3 to 9 months, while ZenyumClear™ Plus may take up to 15 months. This excludes the wait for the production of your Zenyum invisible braces.
What if I’m not satisfied with the result of my treatment?
Luckily, Zenyum will be happy to produce more trays for FREE if you’re unhappy with the outcome. Similar to what has been mentioned above, you will have to go down to the partner clinic to get a scan of your current teeth and have to wait for a month again. This happened with me, as I felt a tooth didn’t go in as much, and I was given 2 more sets.
Bonus: Track everything with the Zenyum app
Another thing that I really loved about Zenyum is that they have a really amazing app (Apple Store | Google Play). Some of the highlights of the app are:
1. You can watch a video of your treatment plan, so you can visualise how your teeth will look after every stage.
2. There’s a timer to remind you how many hours/days are left till your next aligner set.
3. Upload a photo every time you start a new set. This makes it easy for you and their team to track your progress.
4. Chat with their awesome and friendly customer support.
When your treatment is complete, it is highly advised to purchase retainers. You have to wear them at night when you go to sleep to keep your teeth intact. And maybe get some polishing, scaling, and whitening while you’re at it!
Overall, I am extremely satisfied with my Zenyum experience. I think you really get a good value for what you pay, and I would recommend it to anyone who’s looking to get their smile fixed at an affordable price.
Hope this guide has been helpful, and leave a comment if you have any questions!
Note: This post was originally published in August 2021.